TGPs Rule!
Go Back   TGPs Rule! > Main Category > Let's Rule!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2005, 10:18 AM
I've 2257ed Pook's Tits

Leo has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Leo
Default Our baby fell off the bed today

Pam always been really stubborn about keeping our baby in our bed instead of her own crib.. makes me nervous that I'd roll over our baby and squash her or something but she argued she wouldn't let that happen. This morning when I woke up saw Pam sleeping with her arms wrapping around the baby. I came to the puter and 5 minutes later I heard the baby fall. She managed to get out of Pam's wrap and rolled over on to my side and fell. However, baby seems to be okay which must be a miracle that not even a bump anywhere on her body.. yet anyways.. but we called the telehealth and been told to keep a very close eye on the baby for next couple days (no nap for longer than 2 hours, at night wake her up every 4 hours). We're keeping our fingers crossed that the baby is really as good as she looks. Man! Pam and I now feel sooo ignorant all of a sudden to even have let this happen
Old 01-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Toplist Professional

nightdrive is on a distinguished road

Every one of my kids hit the ground at least a couple of times. My mom says we all took dives out of the high chair at least onces. Babies are just so durn slippery, plus they fool you with what they can do.

99/100 times because babies bones are 'softer' than yours are - still more flexible - they scream for awhile, and they're just fine! That's the wonder of nature - it makes up for parents being tired, human beings.

No guilt - just a little wake-up call that babies getting more active - save that for bigger things like when they're teenagers and tell you how you're ruining their lives.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:47 AM
I've 2257ed Pook's Tits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdrive
Every one of my kids hit the ground at least a couple of times. My mom says we all took dives out of the high chair at least onces. Babies are just so durn slippery, plus they fool you with what they can do.

99/100 times because babies bones are 'softer' than yours are - still more flexible - they scream for awhile, and they're just fine! That's the wonder of nature - it makes up for parents being tired, human beings.

No guilt - just a little wake-up call that babies getting more active - save that for bigger things like when they're teenagers and tell you how you're ruining their lives.

Thanks. Good to know it happens with other parents too. Almost thought we were one of the very few foolish parents on earth. Anyways, from now on baby's going to her own crib. Hopefully, she won't try to jump over her crib fences too now. Our baby's a little too advanced for her age. She's 8 months but already can walk holding onto something, she started crawling too at 6 months
Old 01-22-2005, 08:17 PM
fuck you ars

buffdresurrected is on a distinguished road

I'm so loving post like this!!
roll over and squash the baby LOL!!
your such a noob
my youngest grandbaby turned one today

did I mention your a noob
payback will be hell
I never forget
Old 01-22-2005, 08:21 PM
fuck you ars

buffdresurrected is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hopefully, she won't try to jump over her crib fences too now.

ya hope?

Quote:
Our baby's a little too advanced for her age.

unlike her dad?

by buffd
Old 01-22-2005, 10:52 PM
I've 2257ed Pook's Tits

very funny

i actually feel like a hopeless little noob at this too
Old 01-22-2005, 11:19 PM
I am THE bitch

lilbitch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to lilbitch Send a message via AIM to lilbitch Send a message via MSN to lilbitch

Leo's a nooooob!

Leo, you just do NOT know what you've walked into! buff and I have been waiting for a post like this ever since the day you announced madness was pregnant! roflmao!!

Babies bounce - and I cant believe that it took seven-and-a-half 8 full months to prove that to you and pam..lol! you can rest assured this will not be even close to the last time that baby is gonna give you guys a heart attack.

Climb outta the crib? I give her 2 months max before she does it! roflmao!

fear not though...babies are flexible, as nightdrive said. She's gonna get bumped, bruised, skinned knees and hands, a black eye or two, a split lip, and all sorts of other minor injuries.....and she's gonna do them all to herself, cuz she's a baby, and thats what babies do!

and of course you should realize that she's gonna do all these things any time you want to go have her picture taken, and of course around the holidays cuz the whole family will be seeing her

BTW, yes....both my kids hit the ground more times that i can count! my girl had a habit (at 5 months old) of throwing herself backwards any time I was holding her on my hip and only had one arm around her - and before I knew it the kid was on the floor screaming - more cuz she scared herself than because she was hurt.

Oh yeah, maybe we should mention that....any time she takes a spill, more often than not she's crying cuz she scared the living daylights outta herself - and mommy & daddy - but she aint hurt too much (though one will think the child was being murdered by the screams coming from her)....cuz afterall, Babies bounce!
Old 01-23-2005, 12:14 AM

bunky2u is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bunky2u

Leo my man,

You can't pack a baby in bubble wrap. Not only will she fall, she might wind up grabbing her own hair and pull it out, and cry because she has no idea what is hurting her. Kids are great, you realy can't consider yourself a parent until you have had:

a) a heart stopping moment where you think your child has "done it now" and have irreperable damage.
b) your child vomit, urinate and defecate on you. My sisiter had all three happen to her in one diaper change. My nephew is a handful...
c) Another heart stopping moment where your child does something so incredibly cute and precious that everytime you think of it, you consider it a crowning achievement and it will bring tears to your eyes years after it happened...

bunky2u
Old 01-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Sexy Board Rep

Pookie is on a distinguished road

my toddler fell out of our bed 5 times before he turned 1. although the most scrapes and bruises he got were under the care of hubby's parents but he's survived all that and is a rambunctious 3 year old. things will happen. they're part of the "fun" of parenthood